There’s nothing like repping your hometown. These guys push past all negativity and paint the city in a light of opportunity and strength. This introspective track offers an inside look at life in Chicago.
“EVERYBODY’S FREE (TO WEAR SUNSCREEN)” by BAZ LUHRMANN
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now….
- Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth; oh never mind; you will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they have faded. But trust me, in 20 years you’ll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked.You’re not as fat as you imagine.
- Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum.
- The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.
- Do one thing everyday that scares you!
- Don’t be reckless with other people’s ♥’s , don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.
- Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
- Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how!
- Keep your old love letters, throw away your old bank statements.
- Don’t feel guilty! If you don’t know what you want to do with your life.The most interesting people I know didn’t know at 22 what theywanted to do with their lives, some of the most interesting 40 year olds I know still don’t.
- Get plenty of calcium.
- Be kind to your knees, you’ll miss them when they’re gone.
- Maybe you’ll marry,maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children,maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. What ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s.
- Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don’t be afraid of it, or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.
- Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but in your own living room.
- Read the directions, even if you don’t follow them.
- Do not read beauty magazines, they will only make you feel ugly.
- Get to know your parents, you never know when they’ll be gone for good.
- Be nice to your siblings; they are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.
- Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on.
- Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young.
- Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard; live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft.
- Accept certain inalienable truths: prices will rise, politicians will philander, you too will get old, and when you do you’ll fantasize that when you were young prices were reasonable, politicians were noble and children respected their elders.
- Respect your elders.
- Don’t expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund, maybe you have a wealthy spouse; but you never know when either one might run out.
- Don’t mess too much with your hair, or by the time you’re 40, it will look 85.
- Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia. Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.
- But trust me on the sunscreen……..
Could it be? ….YES!!!
The KO*STARZ are finally here to revolutionize the “game” with their visionary hip hop/soulful R&B tunes! Being the brightest starz in our galaxy, illuminating the entire universe from Chicago, K-Rich, YoungStarr, and R Dott take positivity to a new level. Incomparably equal, hence the “KO”, but when united they form the puzzle of perfection. R Dott, is Mr. Smooth, his silky melodies give the ladies a little something to dream about. YoungStarr a.k.a “Final Fantasy” will take you to the moon and back faster than the speed of light; his lyrics and adlibs will not only clex you, but also captivate your mind. Last but not least, there is K-Rich, he is the “sunshine”; his extreme energy and twisted fragments will keep your mind exercised.
With their “today is the best day of your life” attitude, these gentlemen already sit at the top. But that’s my opinion: “KO STARZ, HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO STAY ABOVE YOUR PEERS?”… “WE DON’T, WE WISH THEM THE BEST AND WE GIVE THEM GOOD HOPE.” Instead of thriving on competition, they seek to spark imaginations and senses through powerful lyrics infused with motivational messages.The very contagious KO*STARZ epidemic is spreading and I caught it after listening to the “Summer Solstice” (CLICK HERE FOR FULL MIXTAPE).
WARNING: Symptoms include heightened senses, outbursts of uncontrollable dancing, sudden euphoria, increased mental and physical +++ energy, and an absence of negativity.
….One tribe, one time, one planet, one race,
it’s all one blood, don’t care about your face,
color of your eye or the tone of your skin,
don’t care where ya are, don’t care where ya been.
Cause where we gonna go is where we wanna be,
the place where the little language is unity,
and the continent is called Pangea….
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? During the Paleozoic/Mesozoic period, something like 250 million years ago, Earth was a super-continent. Overtime, plate tectonics+continental drifts separated the land into its current arrangements. By eliminating all of our negative perspectives, focusing on each others strengths, and re-connecting globally……….together we will reach the top! You feel me?